Perhaps the best way to learn about HCYR and its sister campuses is to take a tour. We have a team ready to answer your questions, drive you around, tell you about volunteer opportunities, or sign you up for special events.
We offer the following options for drive-through and guided tours:
- Drive-thru tour of Hill Country Youth Ranch, the Ingram campus: 30 minutes
- Comprehensive tour of Ingram campus: 2 hours
- Tour of Big Springs Ranch for Children, the Leakey campus: 1 hour
- All-day tour of all three campuses: HCYR at Ingram, EH west of Ingram, and BSRC north of Leakey. The total highway distance is 50 miles, requiring about an hour’s drive time between all three campuses. With pre-arrangement, tours of all three can be accomplished in a day’s time.
There is no charge for these tours, and we are happy to give them. However, arrangements must be made in advance. You are welcome to drop by any of the campuses to pick up information, but guides may not be available when you do.
• For more info about the Ranches: email@example.com
• Email a request for a tour to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hill Country Youth Ranch
Many visitors remark about the beauty and interest they find at HCYR’s original village in Ingram. Since 1977 a small town has developed. In addition to housing a state-of-the-art residential treatment facility, the Ingram campus includes the Meadows Fine Arts Center, the Turner Theater, the Cailloux-Najim Charter Schools, the Meadows Chapel, a broad array of recreational facilities, and much more, making this campus one-of-a-kind among children’s homes. For a tour of HCYR, call 830-367-2131
Big Springs Ranch for Children
Located on Texas’ most beautiful ranch, 9 miles north of Leakey, the Big Springs Ranch, known as the “country of 1100 springs” from its use for video advertising in the 1970s, is full of breathtaking beauty made accessible by roads and trails. In addition, a children’s village, complete with charter schools, riding stables, recreation facilities, a working cattle ranch, a grandparents village, and a wilderness reserve, all combine to make this a unique place to visit. For a tour of BSRC, call 830-232-7110
Enhanced Horizons is a 20-building, college-style campus located on 35 beautiful acres, five miles west of Ingram on Hwy 27. EH houses a transitional living program for aged-out foster youth, providing residence and educational opportunity for up to 32 young adults at a time. EH also houses the Dorothy Wilson Young Mothers Home for single mothers striving to improve their parenting and earning skills. EH is a place where all these youth can work on their goals with the input of caring mentors. For a tour of EH, call 830-367-4330